The train depot dates back to 1909, when Paint Bank was the final stop of the Potts Valley Branch line of the Norfolk & Western Railway. This expansion was part of the mining boom of the early 1900’s. The Depot and our other historic buildings have been renovated and converted into charming lodging, while maintaining much of the original architecture.
The main section of the Depot Lodge features 4 rooms upstairs, each with private bath, a gas fireplace, and the soothing sounds of flowing water from nearby Potts Creek. The Lodge also offers a master suite with private bath, living room, and a deck overlooking the water.
Also available: a cozy, “railroad-style” queen bedroom in our renovated Norfolk & Western Caboose, complete with its own bath. A private patio allows you to sit and enjoy the soothing sounds of Potts Creek.
Located right next door to the historic Depot Lodge is our renovated Section Forman’s Cottage, circa 1910. The Cottage served as the residence for the Foreman of the Potts Valley Branch of the Norfolk & Western Railroad, the section between Waiteville and Paint Bank. Reserve the Cottage for your next family getaway or outdoor adventure. Learn more at www.pottscreekoutfitters.com. The cozy, two-bedroom Cottage sleeps up to 4, with a queen bed and king bed that can be reconfigured to 2 twins(upon request). It features 2 gas fireplaces, living room, dining room, fully-equipped kitchen, mud room and laundry room, plus a rear deck overlooking Potts Creek.
Across the street from the Depot Lodge is the two-story “Company House”, also perfect for family groups and larger parties. This house will sleep six in 3 bedrooms with two full bathrooms, living room, kitchen, a large dining area/gathering room with gas fireplace, mud room and laundry room.
Just “down the road apiece” on Route 18 from the Main Lodge is our luxurious log cabin, The Pondrosa, located right on picturesque Potts Creek. The 3-bedroom cabin includes 2 master bedrooms and a sleeping loft, fully-appointed kitchen, 2 full baths, fireplace, and laundry room. Relax on the front and back porches to the soothing sounds of the babbling creek.
What is Glamping? Glamorous camping has now come to the Depot Lodge. Try out our lavishly appointed wall tent complete with a king size bed or two twins (upon request), full bath, gas fireplace and an outdoor deck over looking a private pond and scenic mountain views.
Across a corn field along Potts Creek and near the Creekside Cabin is the Depot Lodge’s 1967 Airstream Overlander trailer. This 26’ Airstream will sleep four people in two single bunks and a fold out full size bed. It includes a full bathroom and an outdoor seating area overlooking scenic Potts Creek.
Located on Little Mountain in Paint Bank is Fox Hill Camp. This rustic cabin sleeps up to four people in either a king size bed or two twins in the sleeping loft. Downstairs offers a queen sleeper sofa. There are two full bathrooms, kitchen, gas log stove and two porches to take in the scenic views of the valley.
- Please inquire about booking the entire Lodge for your family reunion or get-togethers.
- For all of you first-timers and repeat guests, please note we have switched out the bunk beds upstairs in the main Lodge with various sleeping options to satisfy the requests we have received.
- Please make sure to “click” on not only the photo tab but also the reservation tab for more detailed room descriptions and photos of the various accommodations.
- Each room is supplied with a booklet of “Day Trips In and About the Paint Bank Area”, which contains detailed information about things to do around the area.
- All of our lodging accommodations are equipped with satellite TV and telephones.
- Please note the only cell service available in Paint Bank is US Cellular. However, we do offer WiFi in the Swinging Bridge Restaurant and the main Depot Lodge building.
The Depot Lodge
Paint Bank, VA 24131
Phone: (540) 897-6000 or (800) 970-DEPOT
Fax: (540) 897-5005